
Here it is. Live Improv from myself for free for your listening pleasure/displeasure. As noted on the album back which I will attempt to upload this is my explanation.
"An Intoxicated look into my musical plunders. Each song from this album was improvised. You will notice strum patterns will change and the song will pause on occasion, these are the moments where i either forget where the song is going, or i forgot what chords i was playing. During these improvs i would forget i was the one playing the music, and instead would imagine where the song would go if i were playing it, then it would stop and i would realize i needed chose where it was going next. The idea for this album came about mid december 2008. I was browsing some songs i recorded. A few too many drinks at a bar and a laptop that has a microphone built in, and you understand my thoughts from 2008. All guitar songs were improvised by choosing a key, and just dilly dallying around the respective keys. Guitar and harmonica tracks were done in the same manner. The synth/piano tracks were using a small midi keyboard with a series of custom filters over basic piano chords that I taught myself. The final track is done using a mountain dulcimer, a new venture that I attempted to tackle this year and plan on getting better at in 2009. I hope you enjoy the improvs, and if they sound good maybe 2009 I will write down lyrics and actually keep strum patterns and record "studio" versions of the improvs. Thanks enjoy."
Here is the track list and explanations.
01-Best of two thousand and hate [live improv]
One day my good friend Jamie informed me he was make a best of 2008 mix available for download. I said thats awesome, (of course under the influence) I said I would create him an intro for the mix. This is what came out of it, 10 minutes of playing and messing around and I sent it to him. It didnt make the mix tape, but it was this moment I decided to search my improvs and create my own best of 2008 album. Thanks for the inspiration Jamie.
02-I forgot to tell you something that really mattered. [live improv]
Created late in 2008. A detail dropped here, and whole story left to sink to the bottom of the ocean.
03-It felt good knowing I didnt love you anymore...
Created in early 2008, an epiphany rose over me one day, I woke up, and all I could feel was happy, even if I wouldn't spend the rest of my life with her, she was still wasn't you and thats all I needed. I guess I feel bad I lied to you for a few months even after I figured it out.
04-I wish you couldn't hear me, cause i forgot you were listening.
Created in late 2008, this song was pure thought flow.
05-I can't put myself through this.
Created in early 2008, this song was created in a debate with myself, do I tell her what I did? Or do I deny it until the end? No matter what I do, I am the bad guy, its just how bad I want to be.
06-Ive been dreaming of making my bed with someone thats not you.
Created in late 2008, this song was cut up. The improv runs for about 5 minutes before the harmonica comes in, but I cut out the early parts, because my voice just can't freestyle in this key. The chorus of the first 5 minute run is "I can't be in that bed with you, Cause I can only dream when no one is around, your the only one who can smash my dreams, and i just wont let you." Thus the harmonica came in, and replaced those words with vague sounds that muffled out my words, and changed my thoughts into whatever you want them to be.
07-A Mountain Dulcimer for You and I in 2009
Created mid 2008, this was an original piece I created in part by jamming out and in part by using the 3 chords on the dulcimer I was able to teach myself in the day prior to recording this track. After returning the mountain dulcimer to connecticut, I realized i made a huge mistake, and by 2009, will return to nyc with the mountain dulcimer, and hopefully a new line up of dulcimer songs, guitar songs, harmonica songs, and probably not piano/synth songs because those are my least favorite to create. Thanks for listening and I hope you enjoyed it a little bit at least.
I can't wait to hear this, happy to have been part of the inspiration for this!
ReplyDelete