Monday, March 30, 2009

Finished!






I completed the 12 string. How exciting! The process was fun. I learned alot about guitar making. It brought new perspectives to the process. Painting was tough. I just couldn't get that perfect gloss that I really desired. It came out great in totally, but I learned that I should not dream as big as I do. I have these visions of the perfect thing, and I leave out logistics until I realize that logistically, I am incapable. Dont try and make a spray gun finish, if you dont have a spray gun. Which is why I wont be building anything from scratch. I will only be building kits cause i dont have a bandsaw, which is a vital tool in luthier tool box. If I could do it again, I would keep the sides and back and do something different with the front paint job, something a little more organic feeling. All in all I am very satisfied with it. After I took these pictures I ran to the guitar center and bought Martin strings for it. Martin strings are great, I advise any one owning are martin, or a guitar in general, get Martin Strings. When I got my martin and replaced the strings on it. I got the martin strings, and I am not going to lie at first I said "well that doesnt play like it did before." And I meant that in a bad way. But 2 days later, after the strings got some air, and play time, they were the best! They made the 12 string sound like gold as well! Ill post more detailed and better pictures of the guitar and the dulcimer soon. I will also run through my lap steel project as it nears completion, and I will also be tackling a banjo kit this week, so check back soon. 

1 comment: