Saturday, March 21, 2009
What a crazy world.
I had alot of fun last night at my friend corys house. We had some beers and played music a random group of people. There were a few people there who were really talented guitar players, especially this one kid who played folk music like no one i had heard. It makes me really want to learn the guitar better. Good thing I am unemployed as of yesterday and will have all the time to play music, make instruments, and write songs and scripts. I was exhausted after an 85 hour work week last week. And friday i finally had a free hour before I left work. I was in the office browsing the internet on my computer for good kits to build for les pauls. I saw a 12 string acoustic guitar online, for 130 dollars. It was just a body and a neck and hardware. Not completed or finished or anything. I said wow thats a great deal. The cheapest 12 string at guitar center is $300. So I bid my 132.50 thinking oh someone will outbid me but for this cheap screw it. Badda Bing Badda boom an hour later I was the winner of the guitar. THe more I thought about it, I was like I shouldnt have done it. I should have looked for a full kit to build. All i do is glue the neck to the body. sand and finish it. No cutting, no challenging things. I am still extremely excited. I got a deal on it. Its from a company called Reid and Sons Violins. Which is the company I was going to buy an electric les paul kit from because apparently those kits are on the high end of Les Paul kits. Anyways, I have a shape and am waiting for a router from my dad in the mail to finish my lap steel shaping. Then I will buy electronics and paint, and try and finish it off. I really need to slow down on instrument building. I am doing so many so fast, soon I will not have any more instruments to build. I should try and stretch it a few years, and not all the instruments I can build as fast as I can. So after the 12 string is finished and the lap steel are finished I will take a brief instrument making hiatus until I get a long term job again, then I will attempt to build an electric guitar. Ill post pictures of the lap steel as I get closer to finishing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment